Friday 14 January 2011

New Strategy 5

I'm absolutely shattered this week following the running, football and weight sessions. I've had to take a rest today because I feel so run down. I guess as I didn't workout over the Christmas period, I can't exactly come back with intense exercises and expect to do every session. That's something for me to build on in the weeks to come.

Anyway, before I move on to the final part of strategy for the first quarter of 2011, here's a quick reminder of what we've gone through this week:

Exercise
Weighing
Alcohol
Diet

The final part of this strategy is just plain old chilling. Relaxing. Taking it easy. That's it.

In the past, I've had too many downward spirals where I've perhaps had a chocolate in the day which has given me the attitude of 'well I've blown the good eating today, might as well carry on and start again tomorrow'. This would result in more chocolate, cakes and sweets, followed by a takeaway, cheesecake and possibly some booze. Not good.

During this new year, I've tried to change my attitude that it's ok to to go wrong here and there. For instance, on two occasions this week, I've had a chocolate flapjack which is roughly the size of two Dairy Milk squares. The key thing is, I didn't panic and stress and stuff my face. I ate it, got the taste from it, savoured it and that's it. Over. Back to normal. No binging or downward spirals. Just back to normal.

I'm beginning to realise that relaxing is a major element of a well balanced diet. You NEED those meals once a week where you get a takeaway and have a dessert. It keeps you going until the next time and most importantly won't make you go crazy and binge.

That's the new strategy as a whole. Just some small tweaks to what I've been doing really. Feel free to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment