Thursday 13 January 2011

New Strategy 4

Here are the tweaks I've made to my strategy so far this year:

Exercise
Weighing
Alcohol

Right, on to some diet changes now then. I'm still aiming for the same calories per day as I used to, so roughly between 1600 -1800 calories, along with about 160g - 180g of protein and a max of 150g of carbs. With regards to cooking, I'm still sticking with non-processed home cooked foods without any salt and the absolute minimum of olive oil.

There are two amendments that I'll be making as part of the new strategy with regards to diet. I was getting quite bored of snack ideas towards the end of last year, so I'll be incorporating more fruit and nuts in to my diet. I don't really believe in that 5-a-day stuff, but along with the vegetables and salad I eat, it will help in that area.

The second change I've made is to eat every two hours. Previously I'd eat every three hours, but now I'm talking my day's worth of food and splitting it over six meals, starting with breakfast at 9am. This way, by the time I've finished some food, its really not very long before some more. It definitely beats hunger and you can still remain within your calorie parameters.

It works well for me. Definitely worth trying if you find yourself hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment