Monday 10 January 2011

New Strategy 1

Hope you're well and enjoying the new year!

All of this week I plan to let you know about a 'new strategy' that I devised for myself prior to Christmas. I'm not sure if its going to work, but I can only try. Please feel free to take any tips from it and use them yourself.

The first major thing I've worked on is the exercise. Last year I'd be doing three weigh sessions and three 5km running sessions with just Sunday as rest. This year, I'll be sticking with the three weight sessions a week, but I've introduced five shorter runs EVERY week day. I now get my wife to drop me 3km from home after work and I run back.

I think the shorter runs will be more effective and will allow me the whole weekend to recuperate.

I've also decided to commit to five-a-side on a weekly basis, so I'll drop the run on the day I'm playing. The group of people I play football with is always huge, so you don't get a game every week. Whenever I don't play, I'll run.

We'll see how this goes for a couple of weeks because it could be exhausting. I'll adjust as we go along.

Tomorrow, on to a look at the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment