Wednesday 5 January 2011

First training of 2011

Had a few last sniffles yesterday so decided against going for a run in the morning, but finally feeling better today. I got up nice and early this morning, grabbed my iPod, kitted up, laced up my trainers and went for a run for the first time in weeks.

It was brilliant to get out and open up the lungs with some early morning fresh air, even though it's still chilly outside. I didn't get as tired as I thought I would and just carried on with a steady pace until... Smack! Crash! Wallop! I tripped up and fell face first on the cold concrete. Nice.

In all of my running, I've never done that before, so it was obviously a bit of a surprise. I just rolled over, got up, and carried on. I felt fine for a few strides until my knee and leg felt a bit painful, so I decided to call it a day. It wasn't until I got in the shower did I notice all of the blood gushing everywhere. Again, nice.

It's been taped up and been fine all day to today, just a few bits of pain here and there. I intend to go for a run tomorrow again, but will sleep on this injury and see how it is in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment